Friday, April 19, 2019

The Joy of Comments! - #81

Last post I asked a question: Does it make sense to set a goal and push yourself until you make it?  Scott Forrester,  The Aware Athlete, doesn't think so.

Two comments in the comment section will satisfy if you are  curious about the subject and don't own this recommended  book. I would love to hear more about how you stay fit.

See also comment section regarding my sore tooth.


Last week I made a plan with my dentist to have two crowns installed in my mouth on May 2. I use the word install to indicate the art installation aspect of this purchase. Buying fine art might not be as expensive. Luckily the teeth are side by side so the numbing shot will work for both. Wish me patience to make it through the ordeal.  I am lucky there was no infection.

This week we have been entertaining family which has been a joy. Nothing like an almost two year old and an almost seven year old to bring life to your home. I'm thinking that I am almost seventy-four, but it feels a little different to say that!

CLUE: Tell someone how old you are and see how it feels.

Thanks for exploring the mystery - Nicky Mendenhall

Image is of a mosaic in Ephesus received several years ago. 


4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your teeth, Nicky!!
    Love the mosaic! Hearts always make me smile, and so did hearing of those little ones in your house! I took a flight to FL yesterday and the plane was full of little ones (school vacation) and it really was delightful. Loved to see the siblings and parents interact--wouldn't want to go back to those days, but it was fun to revisit through others!
    P.S. I always tell people my age. I am proud of those years!!!

    XOXO
    Diane




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane for the good wishes for my teeth. I am feeling surprisingly calm. Of course there are a few days left before I actually have to face it. The dentist I had as a child did not numb you before he drilled. I think I think of that sometimes and have to remind myself that I will be numb and probably have the wonderful gas to relax me.

      I know what you mean about fun to see but not wanting to go back to the days with small children.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicky,

    Best of luck with your teeth. I look at those events as they are only a few moments out of my life and afterwards will become a good story that becomes part of my story.

    I both love it and find it so odd when I tell people my age. When I say I am 64 they always stare at me for a moment, say "you are not!" then say I look great and they would have guessed me at 10-12 years younger than that. But while they are doing that, one part of my brain is saying to me, "that cannot POSSIBLY be correct. It can't be! How in the world can I be 64??" It just seems so odd to me that I am this age. In my mind I am always 28. A while back I began to wonder why I always feel 28. I decided it was because that is when I had my first child. The girls are both in their 30s now, so I guess I've reverted back to those days when I had no child-raising responsibilities! ha! And may I say that I was shocked to hear that you are 74! That cannot be! :)

    Here's to hoping your dentist trip is as fast and easy as possible and to feeling great afterwards!

    Best,
    Connie Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie!
      It was so fun to hear from you! I must take a second to correct you - I am almost 74, not 74. Maybe you will be even more shocked now! Thanks you for your kind words.

      I love how you describe the feelings that you have when talking about age. I resonate with your amazement that you are your age - and how can that be? I feel that way often. To be the oldest in the family feels weird. At least I still have one Aunt who is older!

      Thank you for your wishes about my dental challenges. Fast and easy and feeling great are my wishes too!

      Thank you for writing and continuing to read this blog. I appreciate it so much when you come out of hiding and post! Whenever you feel the urge - go for it. You seem to be able to make the comment section work which not everyone can accomplish!

      Delete

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.