Friday, April 26, 2019

Do You Use Your Imagination? - #82

"The universal entry point to learning is the imagination," writes Scott Forrester, The Aware Athlete, page 226.

"Imagination has a power in childhood that it lacks in older years" writes Esme Weijun Wang in The Collected Schizophrenias, a collection of essays I am finding fascinating. She shares her experiences with imagination which are quite unusual.

What do you believe about imagination? I think I've always been  afraid of my imagination, afraid it might somehow get me in trouble.  

Seriously, what comes to mind when you think imagination? 

I want you to tell me your very first thought! 

Please reply to this email or go to website and leave a comment. And let me know if you don't hear from me after a couple of days because if I haven't gotten back to you, I haven't received your message and I need to talk to tech again! I'm trying to make it easy to reply and my tech genius is certain the bugs are fixed.

I am attending a FREE summit for writers: 
http://www.villagewritingschool.com/agentsummit/ . Join me if you are a writer.

Thank you for exploring the mystery - Nicky Mendenhall

CLUE: Many cold remedies are best taken the moment you think you are not feeling well. Do you have a supply of what works for you? Next time you are shopping, buy what you need so you will be prepared. 

Image from 2016 proves we don't have as many geese this year.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Nicky...imagination is so important. Without imagination we cant hope. We need to imagine that something better than the place we ate now.
    The arts help us build our imagination...play can do this too.
    Thamks for sending email.
    I tried a couple times to respond to your blog..but it wouldnt go through. I will try again ...your questions thought provoking.

    Peace
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie -
      Your message is so appreciated and thought provoking. I like the ideas that the arts and play help us build our imagination. It's interesting to me to think of building imagination - I will think on that.

      Thanks for your persistence! Hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicky! The first thing that comes to mind when I hear imagination is the word "dream." You need to be able to imagine big to dream big. It can be scary, but I have a favorite saying (actually thinking of getting it inked on my wrist) "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough."
    BTW--LOVE the pic of the geese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane for your "first thing"!
      The idea that if our dreams don't scare us they are not big enough makes me think of all the people who are running for President! They all have big dreams don't they?

      Thanks for faithfully reading and commenting - much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. 1:25 PM (1 hour ago)
    to Nicky

    I actually don't believe that "the entry point to learning is the imagination". I believe the entry point is listening, sensing, observing, perceiving..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting!
      Food for thought!
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.