Friday, February 20, 2015

Tis the Weekend for Breathing & Resting - #148


"Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day
is the rest we take between two deep breaths."*


This quote from First Sip appeared in my phone email box at just the right moment this afternoon. I was out running errands. My winter coat popped a button. My new haircut didn't produce the look I wanted. The low fuel symbol on my dash began to flash. 

In the midst of those happenings, which I took in stride better than usual, I tried to formulate a post idea in my mind for completing this evening.

Opening up First Sip made me pause as I read about breathing and resting. It soothed my nerves. Then when I didn't devolve into the disaster place I have in the past, I felt pleasure arising.  

How do you handle a series of disappointments? 

My wish for readers of exploring the mystery is for a weekend of breathing and resting. Thanks for reading. Nicky Mendenhall

The photo above is of the sky one evening when I was leaving my office. Looks like snow doesn't it?

*Etty Hillesum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.