Tuesday, February 10, 2015

MidWeek Wisdom: Wait Till Top of Hill

I experienced a miniscule stab of chagrin (I almost didn't pay attention to it but I'm tracking feelings these days) when this comment from Karen arrived in my inbox:   

"While I am not denying that some decisions need to be made immediately, my many years experience tells me most do not.  I think people rush to decisions less out of necessity than being uncomfortable with uncertainty for a period."

How did she know that? 

I sort of knew that.

The way she put it made it so clear.  

So if I remember that what I'm rushing away from is uncertainty, I will be more likely to slow down. Somehow naming uncertainty as uncertainty takes some of the mystery out why it's such a temptation to rush ahead. I will be able to explore the mystery of uncertainty and not rush into making foolhardy decisions.  

Thank you Karen for helping me explore the mystery of my rushing and for being willing to be published.

Let me know how you manage uncertainty!

Thank you readers for exploring the mystery - Nicky Mendenhall




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.