Friday, May 11, 2018

When Exploring Mysteries We Need Clues - #35

I surprised myself yesterday.  

Leaving my analyst's office, I was greeted by a plethora of trees with pink, lavender, and white flowers. They were in front of me and in back of me and all around me. The overabundance of blossoms took my breath away.

A twinge of angst fluttered in my chest. This bodily reaction spoke  of impermanence. A part of me knew that the intense beauty would soon disappear.

Then a thought that surprised me popped into my mind. It was a thought I have never had before: Whatever happens when I die, it will have to be spectacular to beat this.

Does this have anything to do with the unconscious? I don't know but I am wondering about it.  

Maybe the thought was a clue. When we explore mysteries, like we do here every week, we need clues!  

I would like to announce, exploring the mystery, has a new feature! Each post will have a clue - an idea that you can play with all week. These clues will be designed to help you stay in the present moment which will help you live a meaningful life.

This week's clue: Each day, should you decide to participate, find a thing or person of beauty.  Something that makes you feel good. Savor it. Be grateful for it. Just make a note of it in your mind. 

I think my clue, if it was a clue, was telling me to find beauty everyday and appreciate the earth. I'm sharing with you. Let's all find beauty this week. Be sure and let me know what you are savoring. Please remember that you are in good company!

Thanks for exploring the mystery - Nicky Mendenhall

8 comments:

  1. Clues. Interesting. I'm thinking in terms of reminders. Remember to stop and "smell the roses," the things of beauty around us, be it flowers, someone's smile. Get out of ourselves and open to the world and all that it has to offer in the little moments that we most often don't even pay attention to. Impermanence is so powerful a concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane -I like your word reminders. We certainly do need reminders to stop our frantic rush to get everything done. I am observing my mind in meditation and how often it rushes around. My suggestion to stop was for me!

      I wonder how impermanence is powerful for you? I'd love to hear.

      Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to comment. Very much appreciated!

      Delete
    2. I think it has to do with the cycles of life. As I get older, I see more and more loved ones cycle through. I have a greater sense that nothing lasts forever (including ourselves) and that makes every moment more precious.

      Delete
    3. You make a lot of sense Diane. It is good how you feel that nothing lasts forever and make it into a practice to appreciate moments more.

      Thanks again for reading and offering your comments!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Nicky. This is a lovely post. Today, I saw a dove in my garden pecking at seeds on the ground and paused to simply watch her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara - doves do like to ground feed. Glad you got to spend a moment to enjoy.

      And so glad you shared your experience with us!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm. I'm savoring time to create and think. It's precious. Thanks for the interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greta - I know that you have been busy with May activities so I am glad that you are taking time to create and think!

      Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.