Friday, March 2, 2018

New Instagram NickyHiattMendenhall - #24

My latest adventure - a new account on Instagram!

In keeping with our theme exploring the mystery, I will be posting images of things that are difficult for us to see.  

In the image above you will have to look closely to see the sign on the bicycle that says "can't stop." This photo, from a sidewalk-cafe window in Amsterdam aroused my curiosity. I wanted to ask the owner what they couldn't stop. Since I didn't see the rider I will ask you: 

What is it that you can't stop? 

I want to stop feeling so addicted to sugar. I find it nearly impossible, once my sweet tooth is activated, to say no.  My usual breakfast is a bowl of organic steel cut oatmeal. My habit has been to top this with a teaspoon of sucanat (whole cane sugar with molasses).

One morning about a week ago, I decided that if I was serious about managing my addictive feelings toward sugar, eliminating this spoonful in the morning was a place to start.

The first few days without succanaut were pretty rough. The oatmeal tasted flat and dull. It took nearly a week before I didn't crave that sugar taste. This morning I hardly noticed it wasn't there. It helped to pour on ground flax seed, chia seeds, walnuts, pomegranate powder, and cacao nibs.  

We went out to lunch today at one of our favorite restaurants, Table 128. When you walk out the door there is a plateful of free chocolate chip cookies.  I didn't take one. 

I don't want to stop eating sugar forever. I just want to be able to stop when I want to stop.


What is it that you can't stop? Maybe you can tell us something good for yourself that you can't stop doing! For me right now, I can't stop buying books!

How do you get yourself to stop when you want to? Is there anything that you want to stop? What is it that you can't stop? 


I'll explain more next time the thinking behind my Instagram adventure. In the meantime, if you have an Instagram account, please email me your address! I'd love to see it. I made my account a private account so you will have to request to follow me and I sincerely hope you do!

Thanks for exploring the mystery - Nicky Mendenhall






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.