Friday, February 23, 2018

Jung on Paradox - Remember Paradox? - #23


Do you enjoy having a project in process? Part of me likes the feeling of steady progress that occurs as I continue working towards termination. Another part of me wants the end result. 

I'm thinking about conflicting feelings as I currently have a project.

Paul* figured out how to print my blog posts from 2012 to this year. I'm now going to read all 356 of them and make a note about each.  I have finished reading posts from 2012 and am in the middle of reading posts from 2013. 

At this juncture I'm uncertain why I'm doing this. I have a vague notion that I want to create something from this body of work. I love seeing the comments from all of you. I appreciate your loyalty for all these years. Thank you!

Brene Brown** quotes Carl Jung: "The paradox is one of our most valuable spiritual possessions...only the paradox comes anywhere near to comprehending the fullness of life." 

Remember when we explored paradox? I wonder what year that was? I don't recall thinking of paradox as a spiritual possession. Do you?

While conflicting feelings about my project do not technically qualify as a paradox, I want to use them  to feel the fullness of life and not become discouraged.

When you are working on a long project, how do you stay motivated? Any ideas for me of what to create with 300+ posts?

Thanks for exploring the mystery - Nicky Mendenhall

*Paul  Schwegler, owner of Little Dog Tech, 515 422 1995.
*Brene Brown, Braving the Wilderness, (2017), p.155.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.