Friday, March 30, 2018

Plum As Teacher Even Though Not Pictured - #28

exploring the mystery wants to help you discover how to be the person you want to be. Often posts concern the importance of maturing. I have written in the past how to raise our level of consciousness. Do those ideas explain why you read these posts?

Sometimes an analogy can worm its way into our brain and help us feel things that are difficult to put into words. I owe my inspiration for this post to Tagore, a Bengali polymath. My rendition may not capture the excitement I felt when initially reading but I trust you will at least find comfort or wisdom.

Think of a plum hanging on a tree. The plum clings tightly to the tree branch. The outer skin of the plum molds itself tightly against the plum's flesh. The flesh snugs itself against the seed. The plum is hard. 

Because of its condition, it is not wise to separate the plum from the tree or try to separate the skin from the flesh. There is no benefit to be gained from prying the tough flesh from the seed.

As time passes, the plum lets go of its hold on the branch. The plum ripens, the skin gradually becomes softer and stops clinging to the flesh so tightly. The flesh softens around the seed. 

Do you sense the vital need to embrace the spirit of letting go as you age? Can you think of other examples in Nature that would give this message? Let me know what you think, I really would like to know. Hit reply to the email or go to the comments section.

Thanks for exploring the mystery - Nicky Mendenhall






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.