Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Two Additions to Post #180 - #182

In Post #180, I strongly suggested that after Thanksgiving Dinner you MOVE.  

If movement is painful or difficult for you currently - don't despair: 

Get down on the floor and do the "Tipped Turtle" - lie on your back, stick your hands and legs up toward the ceiling and move them around in circles approximately 20 - 30 times. Reverse and move them the opposite direction. Then pound the bottom of your foot - my Tai Chi teacher calls this part the bubbling well. It will stimulate your immune system and entertain your guests.

The image above offers another option: Two stretchy bands looped through a loop which is held firm by the door because of a little metal ball that prevents it from sliding through. Pull down using mostly core muscles - not your arm muscles. Find bands and loop online.

More from Jon Burras next post. Thanks for exploring the mystery and moving your body - Nicky Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.