Tuesday, January 20, 2015

More Roots For You MidWeek


"These Days

whatever you have to say, leave

the roots on, let them
dangle

And the dirt

Just to make clear
where they come from"*    



What do you think would happen if the next time you spoke, you left the roots on? I'm thinking leaving the roots on could mean, for me, letting my feelings be expressed instead of burying them to keep everyone happy.

Email me with your thoughts about exploring roots; throw in some dirt if you desire.  Nicky Mendenhall

Source: 
December 12, 2014, Inward/Outward, Daily Words.

2 comments:

  1. Can you give an example of leaving the roots on? I like that image... it seems to mean being present with your whole self in what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lila - I think you have it! Stepping forward and taking my space in an assertive manner. Not backing off. Staying grounded.

    Thanks for your response - very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.