Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Magic Indeed!

Imagine my surprise when post #131 (originally published October 3, 2014) popped up in my inbox two days ago! My apologies for the extra email - I have no idea how this occurred. Never a boring moment around Blogspot!

"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then try it for eight, sixteen, thirty-two and so on. Eventually one discovers that it's not boring at all."*

Take a look at the picture above** and see what you can see in thirty-two seconds. Do you see the moon?



*John Cage, Four Statements on the Dance, 1944, Cited in my exciting new book Ways of Looking by Ossian Ward.

**Portion of mural, lower level of the World Food Prize Building, Des Moines, IA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.