Friday, June 27, 2014

What Was the Last Instruction You Were Offered? - #117


Keeping my body healthy is a full time job. My wellness team includes two massage therapists, an acupuncturist, a nurse practitioner, a D.O. who specializes in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, a Spiritual Director, and a Tai Chi Instructor. Plus a Primary Care Physician who I've only seen once when I recruited her.

These health practitioners are experts. Each of them is generous with advice that I can implement at home.


I won't name names, but this week, wrapping up our appointment, the instruction given was two words:

DO LESS

The words are stuck in my head. This may be the most difficult instruction I have been given. DO LESS.  

Who is on your health care team? What could you do less? Can You DO LESS?

Thanks for exploring the mystery - Nicky Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.