Friday, March 7, 2014

Pay Attention! - #103

Which caught and held your attention; made you think for the longest period of time - the two words in the subject heading or the words in the multi-colored image?

There is no right (or wrong) answer to this question. You and you alone decide where to place your attention.

Did you ever think of it that way - that your attention is a valuable resource and is entirely under your command?  

This post was partially inspired by words in Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Sonia Sotomayor's memoir, My Beloved World:

"What holds a jury's attention, essentially, is the quality of one's own attention."  

This week, pay attention to where you place your attention. Is it a place that will reap benefits for you?

Let me know where you place your attention. What do you learn by paying attention? What do you miss when you don't pay attention?

Thanks for exploring the mystery of attention - Nicky Mendenhall





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing this example.

    Immediately my brain had a sense of hesitation and I did quick overview. My eyes settled first on the places where the words were more familiar and type was clearer, my brain did not understand what the message meant.
    Now I quickly moved the more colorful and letters/numbers caught my attention, to see if this would clarify what this was saying. I tried to unscramble the words & numbers it reminded me of the chaos or a message meant for few people or maybe it was license plate artwork. But it bugged me.

    No matter what I have going on next week - it reminds to not jump to conclusions, decide if the chaos is worth getting involved in and to continue to be clear on my path. I will still survey the scene and look around, and hold tight to what my purpose is. -- Margie Conrad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie - I really like where you went with your comment - reminds me not to jump to conclusions. Wonderful!

      Delete

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.