Friday, July 26, 2019

Do You Have A Book In You? - #95


I'm writing a memoir on my experience in Freudian psychoanalysis and my writer friend John, in New Zealand, told me about Patti Miller, an Australian author. Patti's book, The Memoir Book, describes a cartoon: A man goes to the doctor and says that he has a book in him. The doctor says that happens and he will help him find a publisher. The patient says, "NO, I want surgery. I want this book gone from me!"

Some days I can relate to the patient. But I do not want an incision, I'll just work on revision.


Do you have a book in you? My beautician said  that she wants to write a book for her colleagues and tell them how it really is to own a salon. What do you want to tell people? What will your book be about? I'd love to know!


CLUE:  Eat your meal cold or room temperature. Use your hands as utensils. Pretend you are camping. 

Image: The entrance to the most beautiful walk I have ever experienced in New Zealand. 

2 comments:

  1. icky--I LOVED your take on that cute joke: "I do not want an incision, I'll just work on revision." I have been working on a book about 6 formerly incarcerated men for about a year and a half now, and I do not see the finish line any time soon. (Thank goodness this is not a race!) Writing a book is both wonderful and grueling at the same time. I find the different emotional stages so interesting! And, btw, I love the process of revision and would take it over incision any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane - I so appreciate hearing from another writer! I will try and remember your tactic of finding the emotional states of writing as interesting!
      Thanks for reading and good luck on your book. It sounds fascinating!

      Delete

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.