Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Midweek: What Does Life/Art Ask Of Us?

"When you commit to a life in the arts or to any field that demands your full creative involvement and your largest meaning investment - whether as a research physicist, inventor, poet, activist, investigative reporter, or country-western singer - then you have made a deal with yourself that you will spend years, decades, even a whole lifetime in the pursuit of real results, excellence, and success, however you might define or measure these. You have said to yourself, "I am authentically involved in this. This matters to me."*

What is life/art asking of you this week? 

Thanks for exploring the mystery - Nicky Mendenhall

*Creativity for LIfe by Eric Maisel, Ph.D. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.