Friday, September 27, 2013

And the Winner Is...... -#82

If you are a tech savvy person with a competitive streak, last week's jumble of words didn't deter you. Excited by the idea of a contest, even though the prize this time was nonexistent, several of you formulated possible topics for a workshop that would fit needs listed.

I was impressed with the quality of the entries; one especially astute reader wrote: "treatment of sex offenders or homophobic bullying." 
Yet another perceptive reader wrote:

What an intriguing list.
That class could be about counseling any number of groups of people.  For instance:
  • teens
  • retirees
  • victims of violence 
  • single moms
  • schoolteachers
  • people from generational poverty
  • ministers
  • counselors
A person dear to my heart admitted she was "clueless!" 
The name of the class:

Culturally Competent & Ethical Social Work Practice with LGBTQ Individuals.

If you are one of the ambitious readers who submitted an entry for this contest, consider yourself a winner.  I love hearing from you!

Next week: Marbles and Diversity.

Thanks for exploring the mystery with me - Nicky Mendenhall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment - I appreciate hearing from you!
To leave a comment, click on the word comments at the end of the post when you are on the web page. A new screen will pop up and you will see a box to leave your comment. I know it is confusing but I SO love your comments. If this is too much trouble (and I get that), just reply to the email you receive with the post if you are a subscriber. I will paste in your reply and respond to it. Thank you - I learn from how you respond.